Full title: Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence in European Economic Integration Studies
Project Start: 1 September 2015
Duration: 36 Months
Beneficiary: Centre for Studies in European Integration (CSEI) of the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova (ASEM)
The overall objective is to foster the economic integration of Moldova into EU space in the framework of the Association Agreement by creating a basis of high level academic and professional competences concerning the European economic studies in Moldova.
According to the Europe 2020 strategy and the plans of Horizon 2020, one of the key success factors for Europe is to achieve more innovation out of research. Several policy statements stress that higher education institutions have a central role in building a Europe where the impact of knowledge accumulation can be measured in terms of economic, social and ecological progress.
Therefore, we consider that through INTEGRA project we can contribute directly and indirectly in the process of integration (trade, economic) of Moldova into EU space and to reduce disparities between countries and regions not only in terms of the educational and training role that assume but also through research, promote cooperation, dialogue with public and private business environment and society as a whole.
- To enrich the existing curricula at ASEM in the field of the EU economic studies;
- To increase knowledge of the target groups in EU`s economic and trade policies and to elevate lifelong learning in Moldova.
- To enhance visibility of scientific resources and results in the field of European economic integration studies.
- To promote EU innovation and research policy and to contribute to the complementarity between education-research-innovation in Moldova.
- To disseminate tailor-made information about European economic integration to a wider public in Moldova.
- University students;
- Academic staff of the universities;
- Representatives of youth organizations;
- Members of the administration and organs of local and regional self-government communities;
- Young researchers;
- Representatives of NGOs;
- Professional groups;
- Legal practitioners;
- Experts for specific topics in the Project agenda;
- Members of governmental bodies related to European integration of Moldova;
- The wider public.